Affordable Inns and Hostels in Panama City
Panama City is full of places to visit and things to do! If you’re planning a vacation to Panama, you certainly don’t want to miss a visit to this capital city, which is most famous for its legendary canal, connecting the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. Panama City has earned a nickname as the “Latin American Miami” among its neighboring countries, which might have you worried about costs. In all actuality, though, it’s easy to find a good inn or hostel with affordable prices. Here are 8 options for you to consider:
1. Hostal Mamallena – This casual hostel is bursting at the seams with bright colors. There are plenty of common areas to meet fellow travelers, check your emails using the free WiFi, and catch a quick siesta.
2. Panama House Bed & Breakfast – The highlight of this sweet little property is the outdoor garden, with its stone walkways, benches, and lovely nighttime lighting. The owners are very hands on with guests, gladly answering questions and giving recommendations about places to go while in town.
How good is YOUR Spanish? Quiz yourself with our free, online Spanish level test!
3. Kame House Hostel – This new hostel is quickly earning a faithful following. A pool table, basketball hoop, and BBQ pit all provide the perfect setting to make friends with other hostellers. The property is clean and modern, with its beautiful outdoor garden providing a welcome retreat from the busy city.
4. Pacific Dreams – Rooms are simple, clean, and affordable at this B&B, with a full-sized breakfast ensuring you have the energy to make the most of your day. Rooms come with air conditioning and cable TV. The owners have a second bed and breakfast in Panama City called Mediterranean Dreams that boasts the same decor style and friendly vibe.
5. Los Mostros Hostel – You have plenty of room to relax after out taking in the sights and sounds of Panama City when you come home to this lovely hostel, from the pool to the outdoor tables to the indoor lounge area. It manages to be both clean and contemporary without feeling sterile or uninviting.
6. Mystico Hostal Spa – Now here’s a perk you rarely see in the world of hostels–jacuzzi tubs! When you book a private room you get a pass to soak in the jacuzzi tub, and dorm-sleepers can buy entrance to soak their sore muscles.
7. Hostal El Machico – The pool and indoor/outdoor courtyard is the hub of activity–during the day the cool water offers a wonderful escape from the heat, and on movie nights the staff projects a film on the wall above the water. They also offer bicycle and scooter rentals.
8. Hostal Casa Margarita – If you’re looking for a relaxing spot outside the busy downtown area, this family-run B&B is an excellent option. Between the freshly prepared breakfasts and friendly conversations with the property owners, you’ll feel as if you’re staying with friends.
Ready to get your Spanish in good shape before you travel to Panama? Remember that we’re just a quick email away, so contact us via our inquiry form and we’ll get back to you right away.