Adam Corl is a New England native with a passion for sarcasm, wine that tastes expensive, and keeping his parents questioning his life choices. This combined with a keen interest in organizational behavior and social science research has lead him to fund his nomadic lifestyle through freelance writing and research endeavors.
- Do’s And Don’t For Conducting Business In South Korea
- The Business Dinner: The Low Down On Russia’s Dining Etiquette And Most Popular Dishes
- The Business Lunch: Spain’s Most Popular Dishes and Mealtime Etiquette
- How Many Kisses In Brazil? 4 Tips On Business Etiquette In Brazil
Anna is a freelance writer who studied creative writing at NUI, Galway and used to work as an English teacher in Moscow. She enjoys knitting and travelling and is currently exploring South America looking for ideas for her novel.
- Melbourne On Offer: Things To See And Do In Australia’s Amazing City
- Top 5 Musicians Who Will Help You Improve Your Italian
- 5 Italian Sitcoms To Practice Your Listening Skills
- Think Outside the Box! 8 Things You Need To Pack When Moving To Rome
- Why Online Translators Injure Companies Entering Foreign Markets
Bala is a true Latin American enthusiast who is deeply enamoured by the whole continent. He has made it his quest to cover every inch of Latin America, to posses insight into every Hispanic dialect and to unearth all if its cultural gems. He is also a Boca Juniors (Argentina) fan.
Brian Thomas Armstrong is a literary traveler of life, love, and the pursuit of blissfully beautiful and exotic surroundings. He is 53 years young, and is currently retired after being a Commercial Construction Contractor for 20+ years. After a devastating heart attack in 2010 in which he had to be brought back to life three times, Brian decided to devote the remainder of his years to his passion for writing.
African-born Cailyn Cox has been a lover of words all her life and she has an untamed spirit that has led her to travel across the globe and document her passions. She is a woman consumed by wanderlust. Experiencing new places, people and cultures is an important part of her personal growth, and the benefits of being able to comprehend more than one language in our globalized economy is a major pro.
Clare has been writing for ten years and although she hasn't quite mastered writing in another language, she can speak conversational Spanish and a little Portuguese.
- Are Indian Civil Service Exams Biased?
- UK Army Officers Urged to Learn New Language
- Why Is it So Hard to Practice English Abroad on Business?
- Business Schools Place Increasing Emphasis on Language Requirements
- Bilingual Wordsmiths: The Challenges of Writing in Two Languages
Dani is a writer and traveller living in Buenos Aires but is originally from Texas. She collects post cards, languages, and tattoos. She can also find her way around a kitchen.
Deb is an English graduate who runs a children's book and storytelling business, as well as being a person centred counselor. With a passion for food, travel and culture, Deb likes to fit in as much freelance writing as possible.
Dusty is a full-time freelance writer and world traveler who prefers not to sit still for very long. She's on a lifelong mission to perfect her Spanish and blend in with the locals as she travels through Latin America and beyond.
- Activities for Every Type of Traveler in Cartagena, Colombia
- Affordable Inns and Hostels in Panama City
- 5 International Restaurants You Won’t Want to Miss in Ecuador
- Three Things You Should Consider Before Accepting a Job in Mexico
- 4 Strategies (You Can Apply at Work!) to Help you Learn Spanish
Emma loves travelling, photography and books. Every place is unique, each culture is so different that it needs to be captured either in colors or letters. Writing about those little but unique things is her destination on each journey.
- The Top 10 Hand Gestures You’d Better Get Right
- A pen which recognises spelling mistakes
- Study proves that singing helps you learn another language
- Mystery of the American amnesiac who woke up speaking only Swedish
- Scottish primary language plans in doubt
Immanuel graduated from the University of Southam with a BSc in Economics. He now teaches ICT and Creative Writing and loves every moment. Immanuel loves meeting people of different backgrounds and has a sweet spot for international foods....yum!
Jessica Dillow currently lives in Madrid and is a freelance copywriter and author of Be Your Finest Self. She is a vegan yogi who loves to run and read when she’s not in the middle of travelling. Right now she’s only fluent in English, but she loves the process of learning Spanish and French.
Joelein is a sassy stay-at-home mom and part-time writer. She enjoys Korean soap operas and reading everything from classics to children’s books.
- Headed to China? Dress for Success (with Body Language to Match)
- 3 Tips to Know Before You Move to France
- 4 Things No One Tells You about Moving to Japan
- Headed to Germany on Business? 6 Tips to Help You Pack
- Long Work Week? 3 Options for Your Spain Get-Away
Growing up in Cape Town, Justine was been able to explore a lot of Africa. She left South Africa to live in the UK, where she’s experienced life in England and Scotland, with some adventures in Italy, Spain and France. She now lives in South Korea where she is slowly but surely learning the local language and will share her adventures on Listen & Learn along the way.
Karla is a writer, currently traveling through South America. She enjoys learning new and constantly carries a notebook and camera with her, always ready to record new memories.
Born in the USA and raised in Mexico, Katie has been navigating two starkly different cultures her entire life. Since obtaining a degree as a Professional Dancer and a B.A. in Asian Cultures and Languages, Katie has been traveling extensively throughout Asia teaching English, writing, and dancing along the way. Check out her personal travel blog here: http://strayrhetorist.com/
- The Best Way to Process Brexit is to Learn a Foreign Language
- 5 Language Learning Strategies that Don’t Work (And Tips to Fix Them)
- 12 Phrases to Know for Doing Business in Spanish
- 5 Ways You Can Incorporate a New Language into Your Daily Life
- 6 Interesting Facts about Spanish Culture
Kelly is an English teacher who has left her beloved Yorkshire in pursuit of cake. If you can find a better reason to travel around Europe than eating, she will be intrigued to hear about it. Currently based in pretty Valencia, Spain, her students learned quickly that the best way to keep her happy is to provide her with caffeine at regular intervals.
Kirsty Turner is an experienced freelance writer specialising in travel and entertainment. She currently lives in Pai in the north of Thailand and spends a lot of her time exploring the area. Kirsty is also the author of the book Confessions of a Coward: An Indian Adventure, which is available at www.bangkokbooks.com and focuses on a nine month journey through India and Nepal.
Kyra Assibey-Bonsu was born in Plano, Texas to two outstanding Ghanaian parents, she has a BA from Tufts University in International Relations and Spanish and she currently resides in Buenos Aires, Argentina. She enjoys spending her days exploring a good museum, new neighbourhoods, and trying a variety of foods. She dreams to one day to be the star of a historical reenactment.
Born in London from artistic parents of multi-ethnic descent, Leda spent most of her childhood dancing and creating comic books. After studying Japanese and Spanish at University, she was inspired to explore and work in Europe. She now spends her time teaching dance, writing and exploring Spanish culture in the vibrant city of Barcelona.
Matthew is a freelance writer who studied Communications with a special focus in public relations and media studies at Drexel University in Philadelphia, USA. Matthew also works as an English teacher in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and spends his free time exploring South America. He is passionate about music, politics, and travel.
- Where To Stay When Traveling Through Argentina
- How Bilingual is the EU?
- Subs or Dubs: Why some countries watch films dubbed (e.g. France, Spain, Italy) while others watch with subtitles
- Why Catalonia is Calling For Spanish Secession And Why it Probably Won’t Happen Anytime Soon
- Why Some Languages Borrow From Each Other More Than Others
Nora is from California and currently lives in Buenos Aires. She has a passion for languages, travel, and trying new ethnic food.
Patrick currently lives in Berlin, where he first moved to and explored two and a half years ago. He has worked in education for seven years, wears black as much as possible, and writes because he likes it.
Paul is a New York-based expat living in Buenos Aires. He enjoys playing piano, watching tango, and eating dulce de leche by the spoonful.
- 12 Common Words That You Didn’t Know Were Brand Names
- Cracking the Mexican Spanish Dialect
- Global Vacation Policies & Attitudes about Taking Time Off
- The Spanish at Home Series: A Great Way to Practice Your Español En Casa
- Review of FlashSticks: A Simple and Effective Way to Improve Your Vocabulary
Nancy is a UK-born Chinese girl, fluent in Chinese and English, currently studying French, German and a little bit of Japanese. She dabbles in a bit of everything, including music, doodling, and video games, but is most passionate about writing and would love to travel the world one day - not only for the new languages and culture, but for the food, too!
Remi Yamazaki is a trilingual journalist and performer, currently learning her fourth language. She grew up in Japan, came to the US for college and has spent summers in Paris and Kampala, though she usually sounds like she's from somewhere in the former and/or current Commonwealth.
Sean is half-Australian, half-Thai who relocated to Bangkok, Thailand from Sydney, Australia four years ago. He currently spends his days attending an international school and experiencing the various cultural aspects the city has to offer.
Sean Patrick Hopwood is a language polyglot and a language enthusiast. His goal in life is to bring world peace through education, tolerance and cultural awareness. He is also the President and Founder at Day Translations, Inc., a global translation company.
Sophie is a blogger of all things fascinating. She studied writing and business, and currently resides in Buenos Aires with pen and paper.
Tracy is passionate about the power of language and how it can make our lives more meaningful. She uses introspective storytelling techniques in her life coaching practice and combines this with her love for travel and foreign culture, to explore why travelling and working abroad is such a life-changing experience. Infected with the travel bug, her urge to never stop searching and exploring is both a blessing and a curse.
Wendy is a full-time language teacher and curriculum designer, part-time blogger, and constant traveller.